Saturday 19 May 2012

The Penny Spinning Card



I hope you enjoyed the video (and had a bit of a boogie while you watched) lol.


Tomorrow is my friend's son, Luke's 7th birthday.  He's recently been to Disney Land in the States and thought  I will make him a card along the lines of the different parks and animals you can see there.  So the little monkey in the jungle card came to life.  It is very simple to do, and here I'll explain exactly how I did it.


First you will need two small coins.  In the tutorial I used two pennies, in the monkey card I used two 5p coins as they are a bit smaller as the monkey's not really that big.  You will need dimensionals (they are little double sided sticky pads from Stampin' Up).


Lay the pennies flat and stick one dimensional on each of the pennies.


You will note that I have slightly rounded the one dimensional - this I did to have less friction when the pennies roll/spin along the card. 


Then I stuck the two pennies together with the rounded dimensional in the middle.

I used my label punch to punch a line from a piece of card and this is exactly the right size for the pennies to roll along.  


For demonstration purposes I took a piece of lighter card and stamped on of the Mixed Bunch stamps in Chocolate Chip ink and then used the matching Blossom punch and punched the image out.  This is then ready to be stuck on to the one side of the two pennies that has the other dimensional on it.  


Then very simply slide the pennies through the punched slider and VOILA!!! 


It's done!  Here are two further videos of the same penny spinning card with different ideas for cards.


A pretty feminine card with a spinning flower.




A further spinning card this time with a pirate owl, isn't he just too cute?


I hope you enjoyed watching all of them, and if you and your friends would like to make one of them, please get in touch with me.  I will bring everything over and show you how to make them.


Thanks for stopping by





No comments:

Post a Comment