Saturday 12 May 2012

Scrapbooking..Me!!!....NEVER!!!

What an amazing day I had today, I met sooooo many lovely new people, one of which, another fellow demonstrator named, Sylvia.  We instantly clicked...she is lovely.  We exchanged swaps, chatted over a Latte for me and some Juice for her...and then the big conversation about the iPad.  She showed me her blog using it and quite frankly.....I am in love!!!!!  Did I mention it is my birthday this week?  Not? well you can probably guess what my lovely hubby is looking into getting me for my birthday .... :-)

But, enough of that.  I primarily do cards, and various 3D items using Stampin' Up products (card and paper) BUT today I tried for the first time ever.....a scrapbook page.

We had to take a summer themed photo (could have been anything) - mine of course, had to be Spain, I loved it there, two years ago and cannot wait for the summer as we're going again!!  This is what I did with my summer themed photo, a new stamp set we received at training and some punches that I already own.  The photo was taken literally a few minutes after I made it and the lighting is not the best, but I really wanted to share this with you today.

My Journal Note : Sunny days!!  Not a drop of rain in sight

The size of the card is 16" x 16" (32x32cm) so this is a really big project and I can safely say, it was fun making it, I maybe, just have to try some more of them, perhaps with photo's of the family.


The day also involved swapping with other Stampin' Up demonstrators and I took 40 card samples (one idea made into 40 card fronts) with me.  They were swapped with the other ladies for a swap they each made.  This has landed me with 40 different ideas to bring home with me and spreading them on my table...look like this...



I hope you enjoy this, and I'd love to hear your views, especially if you are a scrap booker already.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. I thought of making a scrap-book as a journal of my quilting. I think it should be fun.. Using bits of fabric as part of the design... I love what you've made

    ReplyDelete